What I've Been Up To January 2018

Last year I paused my weekly updates post, but this year I'm looking to do a monthly round up of all the things that happen to me and what I get up to.

Each month I'll look back at where I've been, what I've been up to and what I've watched. On those days that not much has happened, I've removed the days.

January 2018

1st - On New Years Day we went for a walk around Attingham Park with Nikki's
3rd - I spent the day with my dad driving around south Shropshire, looking for inspiration for somewhere to take photographs.  Unfortunately, the weather was overcast and grim, so I hardly took any photos but I did play about with lighting my lunch, a BLT at The Happy Bap.
4th - After nearly a fortnight off, it was back to work but there was no easing back into it as I was asked to get things ready for a team event the following week.
5th - I watched 'Logan' [2017] for the first time.
6th - Like a child at Christmas, I was excited for what was to come and I couldn't sleep, so I watched 'Baby Driver' [2017] until the early hours.
7th - I went to the Montgomery Waters Meadow to watch Shrewsbury Town play West Ham United (0-0) in the third round of the FA Cup - My thoughts on the match can be read here.
9th - I drove up to Newcastle in preparation for a team meeting. The journey was good and we had a productive afternoon in a pre-meeting. I checked into my hotel (Caledonian Hotel in Jesmond) before talking some colleagues into joining me for a burger at Fat Hippo. I had deep fried gherkins (Lightly battered on a bed of shredded lettuce. With garlic mayo) followed by a Candy Man Burger (Double 4oz patties, topped with cheese, candied bacon and onion jam), all washed down by a Fat Hippo IPA. Whenever I go there I like to try a different burger, but I'll definitely go back for a Candy Man in the future. After dining, we retired back to the hotel bar, catching some of the Manchester City vs Bristol City match, and then going our separate ways to our rooms.
10th - An early start to get to the office for our team meeting before leaving at 15:30 and getting back on the road to return home.
12th - Back to Newcastle, this time for an interview. I'd been stressed about it, so I was glad when it was all over, but I forgot lots of things that I'd hoped to bring up. In all honesty, spending the day travelling for four and a half hours for an hours interview was hard and not something I plan to do again, but being away for one night was difficult enough and I didn't want to leave my son again for a second time in a week.
13th - Breakfast with my son at Palmer's of Shrewsbury whilst Nikki got her nails done, followed by a walk around the town park and some time in the playground. We visited Telford so Nikki could buy herself a Tamagotchi from Smyth's and then grabbed a McDonalds for lunch before heading home to watch films.
14th - Sunday lunch with Nikki's parents and then spent the afternoon watching Bournemouth vs Arsenal (2-1) & Liverpool vs Manchester City (4-3).
15th - Back to five-a-side for the first time in almost a month. I got two special goals which left me feeling good about myself. The first was my trademark shot off the wall, the second I dragged the ball back and back healed it past the goalkeeper.
17th - I finished early and made the most of it by starting to watch ‘Pulp Fiction’ [1994].
19th - Despite flagging somewhat before dinner, my son came to life afterwards as we spent time with my parents, auntie and uncle.
20th - Started the day by watching 'Olaf's Frozen Adventure' [2017], then 'Wreck It Ralph' [2012] before heading to the Montgomery Waters Meadow to watch Shrewsbury Town play Doncaster Rovers (2-2).
21st - We spent the day at home, watching films and just relaxing.
22nd - I started 'My #H2Only Challenge', the first day of 10 where I'll only be drinking water. With my son being very poorly, I skipped football as he just wanted to lie on my lap and fall asleep.
23rd - Having looked after him for the day, my son lovingly passed on a bug to me, which meant I missed the Shrewsbury Town match against Oldham Athletic in the EFL Throphy.
24th - The illness took it's toll on me and I spent the day in bed, sleeping for the vast majority of it.  This set the pattern for the next couple of days.
29th - Although still not well, I returned to work.

No comments :

Post a Comment